After completion of this course, you should be able to understand:
- How do you protect yourself?
- Where do you go to get more information on this product?
- What should you do in case of an emergency or spill?
- What hazards are associated with what products?
Key Points on WHMIS:
- WHMIS stands for Workplace Hazardous Material Information System
- Anyone working with or around Hazardous Materials are required by law to be WHMIS trained
- WHMIS is primarily concerned labelling and information sheets for Hazardous Materials
- All employers are required to show diligence in ensuring their employees are WHMIS trained WHMIS systems must be reviewed every year, including some measure of training
INSTRUCTOR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- WHMIS Instructor Training Program (online)
- Training and instructor materials for both 1988 and 2015 training standard
- All tools and resources required to teach WHMIS loaded onto a USB Data Stick (digital files)
- 1 Sample WHMIS 2015 Student Course Book with Wallet Certificate, Exam, and Answer Key
- 1 Sample WHMIS Employee Handbook
- 1 Sample WHMIS Expanded Reference Manual
- Instructor Discount Pricing for use on all classroom teaching aids and printed materials
Student manuals compliment the instructors reference manual and presentation that is provided in this Train-the-Trainer kit. Worksite Safety certified trainers are required to provide one Worksite Safety student manual per participant, per class.